Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Live In Motion Charity Road Hockey Team - Players Needed

Here's the lowdown...

I'm 38 - I don't get to play road hockey anymore, and I'm not pleased about it. We hit a certain age where we just don't get to play. It's not like we can walk up to a group of neighborhood kids and say "Hey Dudes, can I play too?" Besides most of them are sitting in front of their TV's playing Call of Duty anyway.

I've talked to many other guys about the good old road hockey days. We all complain that we miss it and swap stories of our glory days in our childhood neighborhoods. I'm pretty sure I am still the highest scoring player in the history of Concord Place in Burlington, Ontario road hockey from July 1981, but I don't like to brag.

Well, It's time to play again. Live in Motion is entering a team (maybe 2) in the Big Brothers Big Sisters BIG 3-on-3 Road Hockey Tournament. Just to clarify - we will be in the 18 plus division.

I'm in the process of becoming a Big Brother and would like to help out the organization. We all understand the value of helping a charity - no need to explain here.

Here's the details;

Date: Sat, May 12
Location: Bowmanville
Time: Games start at 9:15am
Division: 18 plus
Cost: $25 per player ($150 per team - max of 6 players per team)

Please email me at jason@liveinmotion.ca if you are interested in joining this elite squad of snipers.

Note - it is encouraged that players wear gloves, helmets, jocks etc. We'll also have to find some goalie gear - and a goalie for that matter.

So far Team#1 is...

1) Me (Jason)
2) Kris Meawasige "The Nunavut Warrior"
3) Jason "Just Do It" Nike
4) Adam "Habs Fan" Holt
5) Matt "Married Madman" Bryan

No comments: