- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- 8-10 dried dates, pits removed, then chopped
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch of salt
Tuesday, November 6, 2012
This is quick recipe that will help satisfy the urge for crunchy food. Provides protein, fiber, healthy fats and a variety of nutrients.
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2) In a large mixing bowl, add your pumpkin puree, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and all spices. Mix well.
3) Add your nuts, seeds, and dates and mix well with your wet ingredients.
4) Place parchment paper on a large baking sheet and pour your granola mixture on top. Use a spoon to spread out the mixture evenly so everything will cook at the same time.
5) Place in oven and cook for 30-40 minutes, moving the granola around half way through to be sure it doesn’t burn.
6) LET COOL. Serve on it's own or with almond milk, coconut milk etc.