- 1 can of coconut milk (full fat version)
- 1 bar of unsweetened chocolate (try to find 100% cacao but 70-80% will do the trick)
- 1-1 1/2 cups of natural peanut butter (to taste)
- ½ cup chopped raw almonds (optional)
- ½ cup chopped raw pecans (optional)
- 2 scoops vanilla or chocolate protein powder
- 4 tablespoons oat bran
- 2 tablespoons ground flax (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- a small amount of natural honey or maple syrup can be added for sweetness. Use only a little to keep sugar content low
1) Pour coconut milk and vanilla extract into a saucepan over VERY LOW heat. Break chocolate into chunks and add to mixture. Add peanut butter and stir continuously until mixture is a smooth consistency.
2) Add protein powder, oat bran, nuts and ground flax and continue stirring until smooth. If mixture becomes too dry add small amount of coconut milk.
3) Pour into a glass dish lined with wax paper and transfer into fridge. Allow to cool until solid (3-4 hours) and cut into small squares.
Enjoy!! Leave us your comments on what you thought of the recipe!
Live In Motion Team