Friday, July 5, 2013

Jessica's Story

It's always fun for us to watch clients change before our eyes. Our Corporate Fitness programs and various Boot Camps have had a lot of positive success stories. We're happy to share another one.

Making physical changes requires a commitment to change various lifestyle factors such as eating habits, sleep patterns and the right type of exercise.

A huge congratulations to Jessica on her amazing transformation! Here is Jessica's story;


In June 2012, a few months after graduating University I was at my heaviest of 160lbs. I was always tired and unhappy with how I felt and looked. I decided that it was time to really focus on myself and make a lifestyle change. I started watching what I was eating, not obsessing, but making sure that I was getting enough fruits, vegetables and protein, limiting my carbohydrate intake and drinking plenty of water.
 
I started exercising twice a week at the Live in Motion Corporate Fitness Program that Jason runs at my office. A few months after starting the program, my Naturopath suggested that I go Gluten Free. I have Hashimoto’s which is a mild form of Hypothyroidism and tends to go hand in hand with Gluten and Dairy intolerance's. After switching to a Gluten Free diet I saw a drastic difference. My skin cleared, I didn’t feel puffy anymore, I had more energy and I was losing weight easier.
 
In January 2013 I added two additional days of exercise to my current program.  After a year of hard work I am down to 136lbs and have maintained this weight for several months. I am still exercising to tone my body, but I am much happier with the way I look. I have more energy, I feel more confident, and most importantly I am healthy. There is no quick fix but hard work, determination, exercise, and the right fuel for your body will get you where you need to be!
 
 

No comments: